Monday, August 17, 2009

Tropical Chewy Lemonheads

So I was on the elevator at work headed up to my office when I spotted a woman holding a small light blue box and all I could make out was the smiling face of Mr. Lemonhead. Hmmm...light blue? I didn't know of any Lemonhead product that came in a light blue box. I knew this had to be something new, so I had no other choice but to head back down to the first floor and survey the gift shop where I found displayed at the register Tropical Chewy Lemonheads. Last July I wrote about Chewy Lemonheads & Friends, the first incarnation of these candies. Tropical Chewy Lemonheads put a spin on the original product by putting two flavors in every piece, kind of like Crazy Core Skittles, and giving Mr. Lemonhead a hawaiian shirt. The flavors break down like this:

Peach Mango (orange w/green center): Generally the first flavor listed is the one that makes up the outer shell. I'm not a big fan of peach flavored candy, and here it kind of tastes like cat pee, luckily once the peach flavor dissolves the mango is pretty good.

Berry Banana (blue w/yellow center): I'm a fan of artificial banana flavor, but still I was skeptical of this one. It turned out to be my favorite of the box. The berry flavor has a nice tanginess and the banana is flavorful yet mild.

Pink Lemonade & Lemonade (pink w/yellow center): Two types of lemonade may seem redundant but this flavor works. It tastes like very much like a regular Chewy Lemonhead only a not as sour.

Cherry Watermelon (red w/pink center): Tastes like a Cherry Head. I can't really tell there is watermelon inside, but I still like it.

Kiwi Strawberry (green w/red center): Does anyone really know what kiwi strawberry tastes like? I usually only get strawberry flavor with a tiny kick of sourness. Nevertheless, I like this flavor. It reminds me of Kiwi Strawberry Snapple.

No comments: