Monday, August 10, 2009

More Twilight Candy

As the release of the movie New Moon draws near, the Twilight candy prophecy is complete. I've finally laid my hands on, I don't even know what to call it, the package says "Heart's Desire" so let's call it Heart's Desire, a creme filled milk chocolate heart from the makers of the Sky Bar. I found them at Blockbuster for $0.79 a piece. The Heart's Desire is available in three different wrappers featuring the Twilight characters Edward, Bella, or Jacob. As you can see from the photo, I choose the Edward package.

The candy piece itself is about 2 inches long and pretty thick. If you can't tell from the photo of my half-melted piece (my apartment was 90 degrees yesterday), it features two conjoined hearts one saying "Bella", the other "Cullen" atop a pedestal that says "Sky Bar". Sky Bar...how romantic. The candy itself tastes similar to a Cadbury Creme Egg, only not as sweet and less salty. It's obviously the vanilla portion of the traditionally four flavored Sky Bar.


I may have stated in a previous post that the original Sky Bar tastes like feet. I happily admit that this candy did not taste like feet and I ate the whole piece...and not just because Edward was on the package. Overall, the Heart's Desire is a fun novelty candy for fans of the Twilight series, but it's not a candy I can imagine craving two years from now.

No comments: