Monday, January 18, 2010

My New Favorite Candy Bars


On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best) I would probably rate the Nestle Crunch a 2.  In a world that offers Twix and Baby Ruth, I wonder why anyone would choose a thin Nestle Crunch?  I guess I just never saw the allure of the plain crispies in chocolate. That all changed the day I found the Nestle Crunch Crisp.  Like the Butterfinger Crisp that has been out for a year or two, the Nestle Crunch Crisp takes components of the classic candy bar and layers them between light, crispy wafers.  

The Nestle Crunch Crisp is comprised of four crispy wafers layered with the rich chocolate creme.  The wafers are then covered in a sprinkling of crispies and it's all coated in chocolate.  The star here is the chocolate creme.  The creme makes all the difference.  It has this great rich cocoa flavor.  In fact it is even better than the chocolate that coats the entire bar.

Equally as delicious is the Nestle Baby Ruth Crisp.  The Baby Ruth Crisp has the same light, crispy wafers but layered with nougat creme, caramel, peanuts - all covered in chocolate.  It tastes like a Baby Ruth only a little more airy, and well...crispy.

Both these candy bars are available at CVS and I imagine, various other drug stores.  If you want to try something new for 2010, give either one a shot.      

No comments: