Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mike & Ike Cotton Candy

Cotton candy is one of the sweets that I have a hard time resisting.  I am delighted that it is now readily available in nonperishable packaging.  All the fun without the carnies - a win/win situation.  I bought this Mike & Ike flavored cotton candy at Dylan's Candy Bar a couple weeks ago and I have to say that it is absolutely delicious!  There are three flavored balls in the bag - cherry, lemon, and lime.  Each flavor is well executed.  The cherry tastes like just like a maraschino cherry.  I could have eaten three bags, but sadly I've finished my one bag and I don't know where to buy more.  


Just one word of caution, when I bought the Mike & Ike cotton candy I also picked up a bag of Hot Tamales flavored cotton candy for my sister, a Hot Tamales fan. While I didn't taste the Hot Tamales version, my sister told me it was inedible. Apparently it smelled like the interior of an abandoned car (her words, not mine) and left a weird aftertaste in her mouth. Perhaps cinnamon doesn't translate well into cotton candy.

UPDATE: I was able to find this at World Market. The new bag had one ball of lemon and two cherry. Lime was missing. Where's the quality control?

No comments: