Monday, March 17, 2008

Reese's Peanut Butter Whoppers

Every once in a while a new candy comes along that I am a little skeptical about. At first thought, the concept may seem downright strange, or the flavor combination a little far fetched. When I first saw this carton of Reese's Peanut Butter Whoppers, I harbored low expectations. Sure, I like Whoppers, and of course I love peanut butter, but I didn't think they would play together well. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong on this one.

Instead of chocolate, the malted milk ball of the classic Whopper is coated with a layer of Reese's peanut butter. The peanut butter is smooth and kinda waxy, but I like it. It's very similar to the peanut butter found in Reese's Pieces rather than that in a Peanut Butter Cup. The combination of malt and nutty peanut butter is a quite tasty. Overall, I am a fan and would definitely by these again. Sometimes it's nice to be proven wrong.

No comments: